How To Install Ex2700 Using WPS?
You may or may not know one of the best features of Ex2700 i:e, its ability to configure using WPS. If there is a router pre-installed at home and has WPS capability, then you can connect the router to the extender using Netgear Wi-Fi Extender setup WPS. Now, we will discuss stepwise instructions to install the Ex2700 extender.
- Place the extender in the same room as in the Wi-Fi router.
- The internet connection must be enabled on the existing router.
- If you have configured WEP security on the router, then change it to WPA-PSK as WPS doesn’t support WEP.
- Plug the extender to the power supply and wait for the power LED to turn solid green.
- Press the WPS button from the extender for 2 seconds and check if the respective LED starts blinking or not.
- Press the WPS button from the router within 2 minutes.
- When the WPS LED on both the devices turn solid green, then it means the devices are connected to each other.
- The extender is now connected to the internet, you can place it at your convenient location. If you don’t know the best position to place the router, you can contact the extender experts or check online instructions.
- Start connecting the wireless devices to the Netgear extender with the new SSID of your extender. The new SSID of your extender is almost the same as that of the existing with minor changes i:e, _Ext in the end.
- The password is the same as that of the main router.
- Turn off the extender and wait for 2 minutes.
- Check if it working or not. If Netgear Wi-Fi extender not working after power outage, then there might be some problem with the server. You just need to wait for a while in order to get this issue resolved.
If your wireless devices also support the WPS feature, then there is no need to enter a password for connecting it to the extender. Simply, press the WPS button for 5 seconds and check if the extender is connected or not. If not, you can contact our technical experts.